Low Back Pain Treatment in Staten Island
When do you need Low Back Pain Treatment?
Some people bear low back pain for a few days or weeks with the hope that it will pass. For some, the back pain will pass, but for the times where this is not the case, lower back pain treatment is recommended. The last thing you want is for your back pain or back injury to get worse.
Where is Your Lower Back Pain Coming From?
- Herniated Discs: Most problems originating in the spine are a result of the spaces between the bones called intervertebral discs. These discs are composed of two main parts: a soft inner nucleus and a fibrous outer wall called the annulus fibrosis. When the fiber walls of the outer vertebrae crack, this causes the soft inner nucleus to push through and put pressure on the nerve root. This herniation of the disc can then cause pain to radiate down one or both of the legs.
- Back Muscles: Often back pain originates from back muscles that have been strained or pulled. Those suffering from sore, aching, and painful backs are usually suffering from muscle ailments.
- Facet Pain: Facet pain accounts for a large amount of back and neck pain in patients. Facet joints are the joints that connect each vertebra to another. Facet joints provide stability and mobility of the vertebrae. Facet pain can occur due to injury or disease and can be very painful.
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain: Sometimes lower back pain and leg pain can be attributed to the Sacroiliac joint. The sacroiliac joint connects the spine to the pelvis and can cause pain when overused or when underused.
What are treatments for Low Back Pain and Back Injuries?
We offer a wide variety of lower back pain and back injury treatments including:
- Physical Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy and Myofascial Release
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Home Exercise Programs
- Various Non-Surgical Injections
- Various Non-Surgical Blocks
- Interventional Procedures
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP Therapy)
What is Chronic Back Pain?
If you are an individual with chronic back pain, spasms, or throbbing, there is a solution. Seeking lower back pain treatment in New York City from a professional is the answer. Our back pain specialist in Staten Island will work with you to discuss your options and provide you with exercises that can alleviate back pain and customized treatment plans to get you back on track. In addition, our top-rated back pain doctors can let you know if a medical procedure is suggested or necessary in order to ultimately rid yourself of back pain.
Don’t stop living your life due to immediate or chronic back pain, let our skilled physicians help. Lower back pain treatment options are recommended and available to you at our convenient locations.