When Should Patients Ask For A Second Opinion?
Requesting a second opinion is a common practice among patients. Unless the patient’s condition or injury is life threatening and they require an emergency care, then the patient is a perfectly good candidate for a second opinion.
Inquiring a second opinion is necessary when:
- Surgery is said to be the only treatment available for the patient.
- The patient suffers from a complex condition or a severe injury.
- The patient is told that there is no treatment available to improve their condition or address the injury.
- The patient is not comfortable with the impressions and diagnosis from the pain management doctor.
- The patient is not given detailed and clear answers to their questions about their orthopedic injury or condition.
- The condition returns shortly after the course of treatment.
- The symptoms keep occurring, but the pain management doctor can’t find the cause.
- The patient feels their condition or injury is incorrectly diagnosed.
- The doctor does not understand why the treatment is not working.
What do I do next?
The first step in figuring out what the best treatment plan for you is to make an appointment to see one of our highly specialized spine doctors in NYC. Pain Specialists and Interventional Spine Specialist are the best option for your diagnosis and to learn your non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment options.
Call us today at (212) 235-1265 or request more information using the form above. At Anagenesis Spine & Pain Medicine our goal is to get you started on a personalized treatment plan to find relief for your pain!